Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
Good morning! Somehow I have only one photo this week which is interesting because over the last couple of weeks I've felt like this series was winding down. There are some busy, exciting times coming up for my work and my family that require all the presence I can muster. Of course, taking a few photos throughout each week and posting them with a paragraph or two is not hard word, but it's the (self-inflicted) obligation that consumes me. Add to that, Thursday morning is our busiest of the week and I've scrambled on more occasions than I care to admit just to get my post up. So, I did a brief evaluation on what I might be able to let go of to make room for more journal style blogging as well as two upcoming workshops and all that my family needs from me at this time. This weekly check-in was one place to cut back.
There are so many things happening in the one photo I have from the week. Snickerdoodles, lentil stew, and homemade marinara are all in the works here. What better way to spend a rainy Saturday?
Anyway, thank you for joining me over the last few months! I'll still be sharing plenty of photos from my kitchen, but within the context of everyday blog writing. So, care to join me for one last time? Whether you link up or just share a few words... what's happening in your kitchen this week?
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!