Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- Potatoes - thinly sliced into half moons, roasted in a single layer at 400 degrees with a little ghee, sea salt and pepper for 30 minutes (flipped after twenty minutes of roasting). It makes life better.
- Lots of photos being taken for new 30 Day Vegan recipes. Kale and Quinoa Minestrone.
- Evidence of grocery shopping sprawled across the counter. Am I the only one that feels the need for time in solitude and/or a nap after bringing home the groceries? I wasn't always like this. I can't figure out if it's me growing older or the world growing louder.
- Shredded carrots in smoothies is super yum.
- Ever since we started steaming instead of hard boiling eggs, we seem to be eating a lot more of them. It turns out you can serve a sliced hard boiled (steamed) egg over just about anything. Do you cook your farm fresh eggs this way? An absolute dream to peel!
- Messy dinner preps followed by clean dishes (and windows open!). It was a good week in the kitchen.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!