Registration is now open for this practical and fun workshop!
Registration is now closed. See you in 2017!
Begins October 17, 2016
~ 2 Weeks ~
Freezers are often considered to be the most underutilized appliance or tool in the modern kitchen. We all have them, yet few of us use them to their full potential. Whether your freezer is large or small, we all have some room to store a few homemade meals, prepared in advance, that will be ready and waiting to provide nourishment during busy times. Or, if you’re like me, times when the family chef would simply like a night off.
The recipes in Whole Food Freezer Cooking place an emphasis on fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, high quality meat and dairy, healthy fats, and plenty of herbs and spices. Most of the recipes are naturally gluten free, and many are vegetarian or can easily be made so. I am always happy to help you tweak a recipe to accommodate your dietary needs. This is not a workshop that can be categorized under one dietary label (other than "whole foods"), but there is truly plenty for everyone.
This two week workshop is divided into six very full classes, with a new class posted to our website each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We’ll use the in-between days for planning, shopping, cooking, or simply asking questions and gaining inspiration within our community. And for some us, those in between days will be put to use reading the ebooks and watching the videos in preparation for a weekend freezer cooking session.
We will utilize a private Facebook group for this course. This is not something I automatically do with my workshops but it will be a very useful tool for this one. Facebook is a great format for sharing photos from our kitchens and offering encouragement to each other. (In the past, people who do not normally use Facebook have set up accounts under a non-identifying name just to join the class group and they’ve always been glad they did.)
Okay, let's get to the details of how this workshop is set up.
- two weeks
- six very full classes
- beautifully designed recipe ebooks for each class, easy to download and keep forever
- printable sheets for recipe/menu planning and freezer organization
- dozens of delicious recipes (20 new recipes for 2016!)
- email support as you need it
- a private Facebook community for interactive support and sharing your photos/ideas
- informative and encouraging video cooking classes each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (All new video classes for 2016! Plus, you will have access to the class archive from 2015.)
- self-paced - you do not need to be in class at a specific time
- virtual classroom remains open for two months after the workshop
The Six Classes Within the Workshop:
- Dinner Hour :: A bit of advance work sets you up for incredible peace of mind throughout the week.
- Single Serving Meals :: Whether it’s for the lunch box, travel, or a weeknight dinner for one, learning to prepare a variety of homemade “TV dinners” is a tremendous time and money saver.
- Breakfast Just Got Interesting (and easy!) :: So many of us are heading out the door each morning. Meals that are easy to prepare, with the benefit of rich homemade flavor, beats a bagel at the coffee shop any day.
- Soups & Stews :: A classic freezer meal! Surely we couldn’t forget about some of the best soups and stews that are suitable for freezing.
- Meal Starters & Organizational Methods :: Learn to prep single ingredients, or simple combinations of ingredients, to store as meal starters. In this class we’ll also cover tips and methods to plan your freezer cooking day(s) and how to stay organized while doing so.
- Snacks & Desserts :: Because what is better than a sweet treat or nourishing snack tucked away in the freezer? So great to have on hand when company stops by, or a last minute invitation to head to the park for the afternoon.
Whole foods, lots of inspiration, tremendous support. That is my focus.
It's going to be fun!
Begins October 17, 2016
~ 2 Weeks ~
I hope to see you in the workshop!
Bring a Friend!
- If you sign up by 9/20, you may invite a friend for free, or split the workshop fee with a friend.
- One person registers, then email me me your guest's full name and email address by 9/23, and I will send them a welcome email on 9/28. Please send guest info to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!