Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- It is dark at dinnertime now which makes taking pictures a little difficult. I think I'll dig out the 50mm lens.
- I was away for a good part of the last seven days so my time in the kitchen has been limited. And the warmth returned! Late October and flip flops do not add up for me. Last night I had a green smoothie for dinner, which became my standard go to dinner during the summer heat. Adam and Emily grilled steak and I cooked them the very last of our green beans from the garden. My hopes of having at least ten gallons of beans frozen amounted to zero in the end. Funny how that works. Most years we're giving away beans to all willing takers, and this year we have none. Another reminder that I am not the boss of my garden, I am the student.
- What's happening in your kitchen this week? I'd love to know!
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!