Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- Three pictures, that's it for this week! We are still elbow deep in apples. The dehydrator is running constantly. Tomatoes are being frozen as they ripen. And peppers... what a pepper year! I diced and froze several quarts for quick use when making soups, stews and sauces this winter. I've never had enough to freeze before and am looking forward to their fresh summery flavor come January.
- Apple Hand Pie (and regular ol' pie) recipes... I'm almost there with my apple post! (Some of you have told me you already have apples ready and waiting for my post. That makes me nervous because I'm notoriously slow with these things. Be sure to go ahead and put those apples in the refrigerator until next week, okay?) I thought I'd have that post up tomorrow but it turns out I have some last minute plans to head out of town for a few days so it doesn't look like that will happen. It's close though!
- I may not have picked up the camera a whole lot this week but I was in the kitchen nearly every waking hour, it seemed. Now is the time to deal with the last of the garden produce, time's ticking! One pot meals saved us this week - taco soup, beef stew, etc. I firmly believe one pot meals are the solution to our family dinner crisis in this country (now that would be a fun book to write). Who needs complicated Pinterest worthy step by step recipes? The point is to gather, connect, and discuss the day over something tasty and nourishing, yes? The beauty of one pot meals is that most of them taste even better with a day or two (or three) hanging out in the fridge. Simmer up a few different pots of goodness over the weekend and dinner is prepared for much of the week. Take that drive-thru.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!