Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- With some travelling this week, some beautiful (September-like!) weather followed by the return of hot and sticky, my kitchen has seen a mix of activity.
- Emily had some friends over for a girls night and my oh my if teens can't handle their carbs well... I miss those days! Pasta salad, bruschetta, garlic bread, watermelon, Moosewood Six Minute Cake with raspberry sauce and fresh whipped cream... the works.
- Our beets are starting to come in. Tomorrow I'll be making a batch of pickled beets per Adam's request - hopefully "just like his grandmothers." Fingers crossed. (Also, somebody please empty the compost... holy overflow!)
- My plants have yet to offer up their first zucchini, but a farm close by is already in harvest so I was happy to pick some up. Last night we grilled up thick slices and turned them into mini-pizza. A very simple and light dinner served alongside fresh berries. Summertime food really is the best food of all.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!