Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- The strawberries are starting to come in! We picked a couple of quarts on Sunday and another four quarts this morning. Today I'll be making some strawberry rhubarb sauce which I think is the perfect thing to pour over just about anything.
- On Father's Day we celebrated by making guy-friendly food (at least for my guy), country style ribs with homemade barbeque sauce. Cooked for fours hours at 250 degrees. Tender and smoky... and one happy father as a result.
- My family loves potato salad, but the cooling time required sometimes makes it not work out for a last minute dinner side dish idea. To quick cool the potatoes, I spread them single layer on a baking sheet and pop them into the freezer for 10-15 minutes and they are cool enough to mix up and either serve, or put in the fridge until the rest of dinner is ready. My potato salad is so simple - diced cooked potatoes, good quality or homemade mayonnaise, chopped hard boiled eggs (lots!), chopped fresh chives, plenty of sea salt and black pepper.
- We went up to Vermont for a few days this week, so part of my kitchen photos were taken from our little kitchenette at the inn we stayed at. Whenever possible, we always try to grab a room with a kitchenette. Economically, and for feeling better in general, I'd rather not have all of our meals at restaurants. It feels so much more relaxing to have simple foods to prepare and a cute little kitchen to do so in.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!