Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- After an early morning trip to the gym, Adam brought home berry yogurt parfaits from the cafe downtown. As a result, I was turned on to a new locally made yogurt that I had not known of.
- We've entered full on salad season... I love when the garden starts thinking for us. Here, eat this! Makes meal planning so much easier.
- It's also minty iced tea season! Sweetened with a touch of maple syrup or left plain - equally refreshing either way.
- I thought the minestrone I made the other week used the last of our beans from the freezer, but I found another quart and ceremoniously (kidding) added them to this weeks stew. My calculations tell me our family could have used about 2-3 more gallons of beans to make it fully through the year. We eat a lot of beans and they are so freezer friendly, we'll be putting more by this year for sure.
- The leaves are fully on the trees now which means the light in my kitchen has dimmed to a cool, shadowy, summertime vibe... love.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!