Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
Hello! Due to the DDoS attack on Typead (my blog host), it's been quite a slow week here on the blog. It looks like things are mostly fixed and back to normal now for all of us Typepad bloggers... so let's just jump into this week's blog hop!
I took a couple of liberties this week as we travelled to see my parents in northern Maine and I'm sharing a photo taken in my great-grandmother's kitchen. Memere passed away many years ago and her home is now owned by my dad and his brothers, but so much of her home remains untouched (intentionally) and it is truly, the kitchen most especially, a family treasure.
I also had to snap a quick photo when I was outside the kitchen door gathering chives for dinner last night. So happy to be eating from the garden, if only a few herbs.
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, no words or recipes needed, just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- No words are necessary, your photos will tell the the story. (Although feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!
It seems that comments are not working just yet (part of Typepad's recovery). My apologies!