Categorizing a blog is an overwhelming task. I'd love to dwindle my "categories" down to a manageable dozen or so topics. Surely writing about that many things will keep me busy. Currently my categories hover around 45. That is a crazy-huge number of topics to keep track of.
To make it even more of a jumbled mess, for the last two years I've been terrible at even selecting a category when I publish a post. This means a good deal of my content here isn't easily searchable for you (or me).
I love visiting blogs that have a pretty sidebar of graphic buttons that take you to a specific category - homemaking, thrifting, recipes, sewing, knitting, homeschool, etc. Those of you who do this are so helpful to the rest of us. I'm trying to set up a similar system but am having such a hard time carving out the necessary hours to refine and organize categories for over 1,000 posts.
Someday (this year, fingers crossed) it will all be done, but not in the months of January or February as I had hoped. Those two months sure came and went quickly.
For now, the very least I can do is begin a recipe page for you. I'll have a pretty clickable button on the sidebar when the rest of my posts have been organized, but in the meantime you can find a "Recipe" button on the tab menu at the top of my blog homepage.
Because so many of my posts are difficult to locate, I'm sure a handful of recipes from the archives have not been unearthed. As I come across them I'll be sure to add them to the page.
Today, I'd love to share a yummy snack with you.
Filled with chia seeds and raw cacao, these little treats are a good source of antioxidants, omega fatty acids, easily digestible protein, iron, magnesium, and fiber.
(Did you know cacao is a decent source of fiber? Yippee!)
Yummy, delightful, and so easy to make.
Cacao Chia Crispies
A retired Whole Food Kitchen recipe.
- 1 cup nut or seed butter (almond, peanut, cashew, or sunflower)
- 2/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 cups crisped brown rice cereal (not puffed rice)
- In a mixing bowl cream together wet ingredients. Add the chia seeds, cacao, and salt. Blend until combined. Add the crisped rice and stir until evenly mixed.
- Form into 1 inch balls (optional - chill the dough for 30 minutes before forming balls, to firm up the mixture a bit).
- Store in the refrigerator.
Print Recipe - Cacao Chia Crispies
Happy cooking, friends!