Deep breath out.
Over the last ten months I have studied with some of the greatest minds in health, nutrition and wellness - Sally Fallon, Paul Pitchford, Dr. John Douillard, Debbie Ford, Geneen Roth, Dr. Andrew Weil, Deepak Chopra, David Wolfe and many more. Some days I feel as though I'm bursting with information, experience and excitement.
Today, I am ready to begin working with you...
For quite some time, I've been dreaming of various (affordable) classes and workshops that could be offered virtually, from me to you. This morning, I'd love to share my first workshop, a 30 day practice to explore with deep curiosity.
Why 30 Day Vegan?
- Because fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds are incredibly cleansing and healing to the body.
- Because many of us tend to consume far more animal foods than we should.
- Because now is the perfect time to show yourself a whole lotta love.
There is no one way for every body to eat.You should respectfully question anyone that tells you so. It is important to keep an open mind when it comes to nutrition and "diets." After all, in the grand scheme of human development, the science of nutrition is in it's infancy. Michael Pollan said, "Nutritional science today is equivalent to where surgery was in the year 1650."
Isn't that something to think about.
However... a vegan lifestyle does seem to register with many of us intuitively. Unfortunately, it's easy to feel defeated by just the idea of it. An entire lifetime seems impossible to commit to: social functions, holidays, other family members, dinner invitations... many people give up on the idea before they even begin!
Maybe, rather than feeling it's all or nothing, a healthier balance is what we should be seeking.
What if a person sets aside a period of time, not eternity, to delve into a vegan experience? How would they feel?
In my day to day life, although I am a whole food enthusiast, I am not a vegan. I do however, adopt a vegan lifestyle several times a year for a stretch of days or weeks. For me, it is an effective way to clean house and gain clarity. It is about feeling fluid and light in body, mind and spirit. With Spring just around the corner (arriving part way through our workshop!), now is the perfect time for a little housekeeping.
By adopting a vegan lifestyle for 30 days, the body will naturally feel cleansed, and space will be made for healing and personal growth.
What will the 30 Day Vegan workshop include?
- Access to a private, very alive feeling blog - which will serve as our classroom/mission control.
- Threaded comments within the blog for questions, sharing and community.
- Access to me - your wellness coach and go-to-girl for questions, comments, etc. - private emails answered within 24 hours.
- Twice daily postings on blog (including weekends) - yes, twice!
- First daily post - this will be the heart of it - topical articles, exercises, prompts - the daily lesson so to speak.
- Second daily post - a dose of inspiration to brighten your late afternoon.
- Recipes recipes recipes - you will be abundantly supplied with simple to prepare, whole food vegan recipes.
- Printable handouts and resources that will rock your world.
- Pre-cleanse access to the blog (opening March 1st) with information and tips to help prepare you (and your supportive family) for the amazing month ahead.
- One printable art coloring page at the beginning of the workshop (my artwork, never seen before!).
- One printable full color, inspirational art illustration, as we complete the experience (my artwork, also never seen!).
- And more!
What will not be included in the 30 Day Vegan workshop?
- Recipes using foods that pretend to be other foods - there will be no industrialized food products (no faux meat items, overly processed milk substitutes, etc. - this is where vegan and vegetarian diets tend to lose me).
- A perfectionist attitude - this is a journey that will involve many hills and valleys, be kind to yourself.
- A focus on losing weight, though some of you will naturally do just that.
Who is the 30 Day Vegan workshop for?
- Well, I hope it is for you! If you feel open to a balanced, centered way of living through clean and healthy eating, then this is definitely for you.
- Vegans and vegetarians who feel they've been eating one too many boca burgers or grilled cheese sandwiches lately and would like a space to reconnect with their original intentions.
- People who love the feel of a group experience, and those who are more comfortable observing from the wings. We all have a different approach to this sort of thing, that is just fine.
- I will be leading (and joining!) a vegan experience and speaking to that in my daily writings. However, there will be people who feel they can't commit 100%. I would never exclude you. This workshop will be filled with information, recipes, and community. Please don't feel you can't sign up due to modifications you need to honor for yourself. You are welcome to come as you are and take away what you can.
- Whole foodies, and people who simply love a beautiful, holistic experience.
If you are ready for a month of clean living and clear thinking, then my goodness...
Sign up today!
"I read and walked for miles at night along the beach, writing bad blank verse and searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that person could be me." - Anna Quindlen