I'm so excited to share with you this morning that my online vintage shop will be re-opening next week! Today I just wanted to share a few details to give you an idea of what's in store. There will be a few changes.
- The shop will have an entirely new name (but will still be on Etsy).
- There will be a re-styling of the shop too, with the goal of maintaining a cohesive, unified feel. Not necessarily in inventory (there will certainly be a variety), but in photos and shop navigation.
- Emily will be joining me as my business partner!
- In the beginning, her main responsibility will be bookkeeping (hello practical math skills!).
- As she wishes (and would like to up her salary!) her role will increase to customer service, photography, listing... who knows!
- Our hope is that by joining efforts, we can increase our productivity, bringing even more of the prettiest vintage goods to you!
- We will have daily (Monday through Friday) updates to the shop.
- International shipping prices will be included with each listing!
A while back I mentioned that in thinking ahead to the high school years, and if indeed we are still homeschooling, we'd like to take our experience out of the box and do something we'd never get to do if she had to go to school every day. The idea of opening a brick and mortar shop here in town came to mind. You can read briefly about this little dream of ours here. In addition to the vintage shop, we will be opening an online used bookshop in the Spring or Summer, but that will not be on Etsy. I'll share more news as it falls into place. We joke that our online business will probably pay the rent of our brick and mortar shop. (It's important to be realistic!)
Having an online presence over the next year (or so) as we work toward the possible opening of a brick and mortar shop is the perfect way to raise the capital needed for such a venture. And with all of those sharp bookkeeping skills Emily will develop, hopefully she can teach me a thing or two about keeping track of the business side of things (never my strength).
Official opening will be next Wednesday, February 2. A soft opening may appear on the sidebar of this blog before then, possibly.
I thought I'd include a few preview photos for you this morning. Aren't these vintage duvet covers beautiful? So much more to come too, you'd never know it from looking at the several feet of snow outside my window this morning, but our (full-on) thrifting season begins in just about eight weeks from now! Then our inventory will really kick into high gear. But now feels like the perfect time for this mother/daughter team to get things started. We hope you'll enjoy looking around our new shop!
Did you notice the new link I added on my sidebar? Etsy has teamed up with Moo and is offering a free set of business cards to Etsy shop owners! In typical Moo style, you upload your own photos for very personalized cards. I ordered some last night and just paid a few dollars for shipping, otherwise, totally free. The offer is only good for the first 5,000 people... head on over, I hope there is still some available!