Just a few random thoughts this morning.
- I'm glad I took advantage of another sunny, warm day yesterday by painting a few more pieces of porch furniture. Bright white for two chairs and cherry red for the $8 thrifted rocker.
- I've spent a great deal less time on the computer in the last month or two and it has felt amazing. Some days I don't even turn it on. It wasn't a conscious decision, I guess life was just filled with other, less technological tasks. It has left me feeling inspired... starting this coming weekend I'm aiming for computer free weekends. We'll see how it goes!
- There has been an incredible amount of spam in the comments lately and I'm very sorry about that. I try to delete as many as I can, but often Typepad does not notify me by email of new comments and typically spammers leave their comments/advertisements on older posts in hopes that the blog owner will not notice.
- Thrifting has been amazing around here lately, I think I need to re-open my vintage shop sooner than later.
- I have so much news to share. Well, I have news. I'm still trying to figure out what makes sense to share here and what doesn't.
- I've been rethinking my blogging ethics. What I'm comfortable writing about and what should remain private. It's good to revisit our ethics once in a while and allow them to evolve as life changes.
- I'm enjoying 'taking' drawing lessons from some of my favorite children's illustrators. These drawings are not to be considered my work, but they are helping me to learn new techniques and develop my eye, looking at lines and shapes rather than whole images or scenes. This practice drawing (which is still in progress) was deeply inspired by the drawings Beth Krommes did for Grandmother Winter.
- I am (very slowly) putting together a new batch of Cash Budget Pouches and they will be ready sometime in April. I'm excited about the new colorways and bigger inventory!
- Sometimes I feel a little bored with myself on this blog. Not sure what that means. Do any of you feel this way too, bored with yourselves? I don't think I'm going to be done anytime soon... but I can't help but think, how do we know when we are done?
- I'm not really eating any dairy (most days none) and my body seems to be deflating.
I guess that's about it for now. I will work on sorting out all of the things I'd like to share here and get on that very soon. So many changes, so many opportunities, so many big decisions (some will surprise you!). Life is certainly chugging along and I don't think I can keep quiet too much longer! That is, if I can remember to turn the computer on...