Jessie tagged me for 5 random things - I may have done this before so I apologize if I repeat myself.
1. I've never met a Mollie Katzen recipe I didn't like. The above photo is Cranberry Brown Bread from The Enchanted Broccoli Forrest.
2. My dream is to live in Vermont on property that either borders or is within a few miles to the Long Trail/ Appalachian Trail section - I'd run a hiker hostel, a place where fellow hikers could stop off the trail for a night or two and regroup/ do laundry/ restock supplies. I'd offer yoga and serve whole food meals.
3. As much as I love Vermont, the most incredible wilderness I've ever explored has been the Adirondacks.
4. I climbed Mt. Washington when I was 17 with two friends-no adults. I'll never forget it.
5. My father spoke French before he spoke English. When he was six years old and on the playground at school (an English speaking school), another child got hurt - he went running to the teacher to alert her and get help - but he blurted everything out in French and she couldn't understand him. From that point on Memere (his mother) felt it was important for English to be the primary language spoken at home. I think that was probably typical for a lot of families trying to make a life in an English speaking community, their native language came second. Most of my father's family (especially the older generation) still speak French when they are together though. Emily thinks it's cool, so do I.
Care to join? Go ahead, but make sure you let me know!