Would you like to know a few random things? About me that is. You see I don't have an about page, and I really do enjoy reading all of your random things... so why not.
1. When I was in high school I embroidered the jean jacket pictured above. It was the first thing I ever embroidered and I was pretty excited about it. So excited that I "crafted" a way to sneak in some more crafting time. According to school policy, if you were late to class 3 times, you got an after school detention, if you skipped that detention the punishment was in-school suspension. Six uninterrupted hours in one room. Do you see my plan unfolding? Yes, I actually planned to get in-school suspension to guarantee hours and hours of uninterrupted embroidery bliss. No regrets.
2.I still remember the moment Emily's eyes and mine met the moment after she was born. It's crystal clear, like it was two seconds ago.
3. I cry very easily at live musical performances and on mountain tops. Both are just crazily beautiful to me.
4. I really love sharing circles, even if I'm feeling silent.
5. When I was 18, I went with a girlfriend to a used car place so she could look for a new car. She was my age as well. After looking around for a bit, we talked to the owners, they wound up asking us if we wanted to do a job for them, it payed pretty well... before you start thinking what I know you are thinking... they said they needed some large parts delivered to another shop... 200 miles away... next thing we know we are handed the keys to a huge FLATBED truck and are on our way to another state, in late afternoon rush hour! I'm pretty sure we were supposed to have a special license to drive that truck.
6. According to Dan Rather, I live in Heroin Town, USA. Thanks a lot Mr. Rather, that really helped out the community. Years later we're still trying to recover from that story. Must have been a slow news month.
7. My daughter taught me to knit when she was 7, now she is 9 and teaching me to play guitar.
8. As I stand in line at the store and notice headlines on magazines like "celebrity boob jobs, who's had 'em" , I feel strangely alone in how odd I find this type of 'news' to be. It seriously confuses me.
9. I got my first sewing machine when I was 29, I slowly taught myself (mostly), until I found all of you! You have all truly been my sewing teachers.
10. I could easily live without electricity, but I'm not so sure about being without indoor plumbing. hmmm... No hot showers?
11. I miss teaching yoga very much.
I guess I'll stop here... for fear of boring you to tears. And the beach is calling...