I expect this week will be heavy on the food type posts, so here goes...in my effort to avoid sugar and dairy as best I can for a while, I bring you photos and a recipe. Oh, and before I go any further, I need to make clear that honey, maple syrup, rice syrup, barley malt syrup, and Greek yogurt will all remain in mindful quantities in my cooking repertoire, I am not insane after all! So, today for lunch I made this incredibly good Thai Tofu Salad. The recipe came from a cooking class I took a few years ago at Wild Oats. Recipe after the photos, hope you like it!
Thai Tofu Salad
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- handful bean sprouts
- 1 package Thai flavored baked tofu, diced
- 1 package udon noodles, cooked and rinsed w/ cold H2O
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Bottled Ginger Sesame or Ginger Peanut dressing, really anything you like along these lines.
- Use close to the whole bottle, or your own taste.
Combine vegetables, noodles and tofu in a large bowl. Add dressing to taste. Mix gently.