Capturing my love of whole foods, combined with the activity of a bustling kitchen.
A weekly collection of photos from the center of my home.
* * * * *
- I cut the sage back one last time for the season and dried it. Don't you thing dried sage is more flavorful than fresh? Some herbs are like that. Roasted Butternut Squash with plenty of sage is pretty much my favorite thing right now. And seeing as it is so light, we love it as an evening meal. Mid-day, when lots of energy is needed, not so good as a stand alone. But perfect for a cool autumn evening.
- It feels like there isn't much to say. I rambled on so much last week that today I feel a little quiet. We cooked, we ate... I'm going through nettle tea like crazy. Crack an egg, scramble, eat, repeat. Know what I mean?
- How about you? What's happening in your kitchen this week?
Each day I find myself snapping a picture or two in the kitchen - a pile of ingredients, a table waiting for us to gather around, a sink full of soapy dishes, a cup of tea, dinner as it comes out of the oven - simple, everyday moments in the kitchen. These photos serve as a reminder of days gone by and as encouragement to carry on in this busy kitchen of ours when inspiration is lacking.
Every Thursday morning I'll post my photos from the week, words or recipes optional. Just glimpses into my kitchen and you're invited to do the same!
It's simple to join in:
- On your blog, post photos taken in your kitchen throughout the week.
- Words aren't necessary, your photos will tell the the story. Some of us enjoy adding a few thoughts to accompany the images... the choice is yours.
- Feel free to grab the brief description at the top of this post, or add a few words of your own to explain the project.)
- Link back to this post so your readers can visit This Week In My Kitchen and join in.
- Come back here and link up your current post (not your main blog) so we can all visit your kitchen!
- Join me every Thursday or the occasional Thursday if that works better for you.
- Please be sure to only link up if you are participating in this series. Thank you!
I look forward to visiting your kitchens!